CSS EXAM - SYLLABUS
(Compulsory) Marks : 100
- Nature of Science;
- Brief History of Science with special reference to contribution of Muslims in the evolution and development of science:
- Impact of science on society.
2. The Physical Sciences
(a) Constituents and Structure: “Universe, Galaxy. Solar system, Sun, Earth. Minerals
(b) Processes of Nature —Solar and Lunar Eclipses Day and Night and their variation
(c) Energy: sources and resources of Energy conservation
(i) Ceramics, Plastics, Semiconductors
(ii) Radio. Television, Telephones, Camera, Laser, Microscope.
(iii) Computers, Satellites;
(iv) Antibiotics, Vaccines, Fertilizers, Pesticides,
3. Biological Sciences
- The basis of life: the cell, chromosomes, genes, nucleic acids.
- The building blocks:- Proteins. Harmones and other nutrients Concept of balanced diet. Metabolism.
- Survey of Plant and Animal Kingdom:- a brief survey of plant and animal kingdom to pinpoint similarities and diversities in nature.
- The Human body: a brief account of human Physiology, Human behaviour.
- Exploring life Sciences by Turber, Kilburn & Howell
- Exploring Physical Sciences by Turber, Kilburn & Howell
- Guide to Science by Isaac Asimov
- Science Restated by Cassidy
- Principles of Animal Biology by Khan, M. Rafiq