CSS Examination – Pakistan
The CSS Exam is held by Federal Public Service Commission every year for recruitment to posts in BS-17 for the following groups/services under Federal Government:
- Commerce & Trade Group
- Foreign Service of Pakistan
- Information Group
- Inland Revenue Service
- Military Lands & Cantonments Group
- Office Management Group
- Pakistan Administrative Service
- Pakistan Audit and Accounts Service
- Pakistan Customs Service
- Police Service of Pakistan
- Postal Group
- Railways (Commercial & Transportation) Group
The CSS-Competitive Examination comprises the following four parts:
- Written Examination;
- Medical Examination;
- Psychological Assessment; and
- Viva Voce.
Eligibility for CSS Examination:
- A candidate must hold at least a Second Division or Grade “C” Bachelor’s degree in any faculty of one of the Pakistani Universities or an equivalent degree or comparable educational qualifications of a foreign University recognized by Higher Education Commission, Islamabad.
- A candidate who has obtained a Third Division (or ‘D’ grade) in his/her Bachelor’s Degree will be eligible for the Examination in cases where he/she has obtained a higher Division in Master’s Degree.
- The matter as to which foreign degree is comparable and equivalent to corresponding Pakistani degree shall be decided by HEC. Therefore, an equivalence certificate issued by HEC may be attached with application form.
- Candidates for the examination must be a citizen of Pakistan or a person deriving his/her nationality from the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
- A candidate who has married a person who is not a citizen of Pakistan shall not be eligible for appointment provided that a person who marries a “foreign national of any country recognized by Federal Government” with the prior permission of Government may be regarded as eligible for appointment.
A candidate for admission to the examination must have attained the age of 21 years and not over 28 years on the closing date of submission of application.
(ii). The upper age limit will be relaxed by two years up to the age of 30 years in respect of :—
PLACES OF EXAMINATION
- The candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste and Buddhist Community subject to production of a certificate (Annex-A of Application Form) to be issued by Political Agent/DCO/ District Magistrate in support of their claim.
- The candidates belonging to the recognized Tribes who are permanent residents of the areas mentioned-below and whose families have been living in these areas. Such candidates must attach a certificate (Annex-B of Application Form) to be issued by Political Agent/ DCO/District Magistrate in support of their claim:—
- Tribal Areas of D.I.Khan and Peshawar Divisions (including former Frontier States of Dir, Swat, Chitral and Amb).
- Former excluded (Baluch) area forming part of the Dera Ghazi Khan and Rajanpur Districts.
- Former Tribal Areas of Mardan and Hazara Divisions.
- Upper Tanawal Area of Hazara Division.
- The candidates who are permanent residents of Azad Kashmir Territory, subject to submission of a certificate (Annex-C of Application Form) to be issued by Kashmir Affairs Division, Government of Pakistan, Islamabad.
- The candidates who are permanent residents of Gilgit- Baltistan including Gilgit, Diamir, Baltistan, Ghizar and Ghanche, subject to submission of a certificate (Annex-B of Application Form) to be issued by the Political Agent/DCO/District Magistrate.
- The candidates who are disabled namely, physically impaired, hearing/speech impaired (deaf & dumb) and visually impaired (blind), subject to submission of certificate of disability issued by the competent authority designated for the purpose by the Federal/Provincial Government.
- In Service Government Servants, Armed Forces Personnel, Contract Employees, including the Government servants of AJ&K, who possess a minimum of two years continuous Government service as on 31st December, 2015, subject to submission of Departmental Permission Certificate (Annex-E) from the competent authority. Employees of Nationalised Banks, State Bank of Pakistan, WAPDA, Regulatory Authorities, Autonomous bodies and other semi autonomous bodies are not entitled to age relaxation.
- The relaxation in upper limits prescribed in paragraph 3 (ii) above shall be permitted up to the maximum period of an individual concession and not by the total period of the concessions taken together, if admissible in any case.
- Subject to the relaxations in upper age limit prescribed in paragraph 3(ii) and 3(iii) above, no further relaxation in age limit under any other rule for the time being in force, or on any other ground shall be provided by any authority.
The examination will be held simultaneously at Abbottabad, Bahawalpur, Dera Ghazi Khan, D.I.Khan, Faisalabad, Gilgit, Gujranwala, Hyderabad, Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore, Larkana, Multan, Muzaffarabad, Peshawar, Quetta, Rawalpindi, Sargodha, & Sukkur depending on the number of applicants for each centre.
HOW TO APPLY FOR CSS EXAM
Federal Public Service Commission (FPSC) Islamabad publishes the advertisement for inviting application for CSS Exam all ‘Daily-Newspapers’ in the months of September/October every year. The closing date for submission of application for CSS Exam 2016 was 31st October 2015 and the exam was to be conducted in February 2016. After the advertisement for exam is published in newspapers, candidate must follow the following steps to apply for CSS Exam:
- Candidate must submit online Application for CSS exam though official website of FPSC (www.fpsc.gov.pk)
- Candidate must take a print-out (i.e. hardcopy) of the Online Application Form. Candidate must attach all the required documents/certificates alongwith original Treasury Receipt with the print-out (hardcopy) of Online Application Form and send it to FPSC as to reach the FPSC (Headquarters) within 10 days of the closing date.
- Candidates are cautioned that online application received incomplete or wrongly filled in or its hardcopy lacking required documents, will be rejected. Similarly hardcopy of online application form, if reached FPSC after the stipulated period of 10 days from the closing date will not be accepted.
- Candidate must pay Rs.2200/- as Application fee for examination, as per procedure prescribed, deposited in the nearest Government Treasury or in State Bank/National Bank of Pakistan, under the account head “C02101- Organs of State Exam Fee(FPSC Receipt)”. Cash, postal orders, bank drafts and cheques will not be accepted by the Federal Public Service Commission. Original treasury receipt for written examination must be attached with the application form to be deposited to the Commission. Without providing original treasury receipt as prescribed above, the application of the candidate shall be rejected.