General Tips and information about CSS Examination
- Be careful in the selection of subjects from optional subjects. Select those subject which you have studied in your previous classes or those subject in which you have more interest or you have more command on them comparatively.
- While filling the application form never write false things or exaggeration to influence Commission or officers or member of the staff of commission, if they come to know (even after your appointment) about any information given by you is wrong or false, you will be liable to dismissal from service.
- If you are not satisfied from your exam you took this year and want to take exam again next year, apply for exam by prescribed date without waiting for your result because result may take time and you may miss the date for submitting application for next year exam.
- Date of Birth: The date of birth accepted by the Commission is that entered in the following documents:
(a) Matriculation Certificate;
(b) Secondary or Higher Secondary School Leaving Certificate;
(c) Certificate of birth from the Principal/Headmaster of the School from where a candidate has passed his/her GEC, ‘O’ level or equivalent examination, showing the date of birth in the School Admission Register;
(d) In case of Christian candidates, Baptismal or birth registration certificate.
(The decision as to which certificate is acceptable for the purpose of date of birth rests with the Commission). Note: Once a date of birth has been claimed by a candidate and accepted by the Commission for the purpose of admission to an examination, no change will be allowed at a subsequent examination or selection.
- Age Limit Relaxation: The upper age limit will be relaxed by two years up to the age of 30 years in respect of :—
(a) the candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste and Buddhist Community subject to production of a certificate (Annex-A of Application Form) to be issued by Political Agent/DCO/ District Magistrate in support of their claim.
(b) the candidates belonging to the recognized Tribes who are permanent residents of the areas mentioned below and whose families have been living in these areas. Such candidates must attach a certificate (Annex- B of Application Form) to be issued by Political Agent/DCO/District Magistrate in support of their claim :—
2. Tribal Areas of D.I.Khan and Peshawar Divisions (including former Frontier States of Dir, Swat,
Chitral and Amb).
3. Former excluded (Baluch) area forming part of the Dera Ghazi Khan and Rajanpur Districts.
4. Former Tribal Areas of Mardan and HazaraDivisions.
5. Upper Tanawal Area of Hazara Division.
(c) the candidates who are permanent residents of Azad Kashmir Territory, subject to submission of a
certificate (Annex-C of Application Form) to be issued by Kashmir Affairs Division, Government of Pakistan.
(d) the candidates who are permanent residents of Northern Areas including Gilgit, Diamir, Baltistan, Ghizar and Ghanche, subject to submission of a certificate (Annex-B of Application Form) to be issued by the Political Agent/DCO/ District Magistrate.
(e) the candidates who are disabled namely, physically impaired, hearing/speech impaired (deaf & dumb) and visually impaired (blind), subject to submission of certificate of disability issued by the competent authority designated for the purpose by the Federal/Provincial Government.
(f) In Service Government Servants, Armed Forces Personnel, Contract employees, including the Government servants of AJ&K, who possess minimum of two years continuous Government service as on first January, 2012, subject to submission of Departmental Permission Certificate(Annex-E) from the competent authority. Employees of Nationalized Banks, State Bank of Pakistan, WAPDA, Regulatory Authorities, Autonomous bodies and other semi autonomous bodies are not entitled to age relaxation.
Note: It is not official website of Federal Public Service Commission FPSC. This information is for the help of aspirant candidate who are new to CSS Exam and want to take CSS Exam in soon future. We have tried our level best to be precise and accurate. Still if there is any mistake or modification or update information, please do write us. Thanks